Victim Support Service
The Victim Support Service offers confidential counselling and support services to victims of crime. These services are provided by professional counsellors and trained volunteers.
Under the Victims of Crime Act 1994, victims are defined as:
- people who suffer injury or loss as a direct result of an offence
- any member of the immediate family where an offence results in the death of an individual.
The Victim Support Service can:
- provide information on the status of police investigations
- provide information about court proceedings
- help write a victim impact statement
- provide counselling and support
- support victims during court proceedings
- provide information and referrals for other services
- help you understand your rights within the criminal justice system
- help with enquiries about criminal injuries compensation claims.
[ back to top ]